A major international organization managing a large programme to support the reform and strengthening of the health care system in Nigeria is recruiting qualified professional staff to fill position based in Kaduna. The programme supports the Federal and State Ministries of Health in transforming the health financing, management, and delivery of sustainable health services, and represents a major development initiative that seeks to enhance the long-term impact of investments in the health sector by requiring alignment among projects, country ownership of development policies and strategies, and stronger accountability mechanisms.
To be considered for the listed position, an applicant must submit his/her CV and an application letter that provides details of the applicant's qualifications for the desired position, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line of the email write the specific title and location (Kaduna) of the position you wish to apply for.
VOICE & ACCOUNTABILITY OFFICER (Kaduna)
Provides support in the coordination of state-level planning and implementation of voice and accountability initiatives in the State. These initiatives are likely to include:
• strengthening Facility Health Committees and other community-based structures for citizen involvement in the health sector,
• promoting participatory approaches to policy and strategy development with State Ministries of Health,
• citizen-lead budget tracking, development and strengthening of issue-based coalitions for advocacy and championing reform,
• putting in place mechanisms for defining and enforcing patient entitlements.
• Include a Masters Degree in governance, social sciences, or a health-related field, plus at least six years of professional experience in the application of social development policy concepts such as voice, accountability, rights-based development, gender equity, social inclusion, and civil society strengthening.
Closing Date: 21st December, 2010.